Alex always had an active lifestyle and he enjoyed spending time with his young family. Alex recently suffered a heart attack that forced him to give up his job as a builder and left him feeling vulnerable.
Alex has been able to claim benefits since giving up his job, but he is struggling to manage his finances due to a much reduced income. Although Alex is now feeling much better, he feels that a change in job is needed to prevent further health issues.
Alex is finding it difficult to find a job in another industry, and this is putting a strain on his personal life and also his confidence.
After sitting down with his wife to explain his worries, she advised him to get in contact with us.
How we helped
- Alex was anxious about calling us as he didn’t know what to expect. When he called, he spoke to one of our team.
- We listened to Alex, and allowed him the time to explain his situation.
- We worked with Alex to fully understand his finances and affordability, and we talked through the options available to him.
- During the call, we were able to set up a payment plan for Alex.
- We advised Alex of third party companies that could also help for free.
- We ensured Alex had all the details he needed to contact us in the future. We also made him aware of the online portal that he can access and use whenever he wants if he doesn’t feel like speaking to someone.
- After speaking to us, Alex felt supported and relieved that he was now able to manage his debt with us.
Other ways you can get help
- StepChange is a debt charity, helping almost 600,000 people a year to resolve their debt problems. They are the UK’s largest provider of free independent advice and solutions.
- Entitledto can help you to understand if you are receiving all of the benefits you are entitled to. You can use their free benefits calculator online.