In the past Kath has been on top of her bills. Recently she has not been able to deal with her finances and feels overwhelmed by the bills she has to pay.
Kath’s health means she has some good days and bad days, but she was becoming increasingly anxious about how to deal with her debts. A neighbour could see that Kath was worried about her finances, and convinced her to call Capquest.
How we helped
- Kath was anxious about calling us and she didn’t know what to expect. When she called, she spoke to one of our team.
- We listened to Kath, and allowed her the time to explain her situation.
- We worked with Kath to fully understand her finances and affordability, and we talked through the options available to her.
- During the call, we were able to set up a payment plan for Kath.
- We advised Kath of third party companies that could also help for free.
- We ensured Kath had all the details she needed to contact us in the future. We also made her aware of the online portal that she can access and use whenever she wants if she doesn’t feel like speaking to someone.
- After speaking to us, Kath felt supported and relieved that she was now able to manage her debt with us.
Other ways you can get help
- StepChange is a debt charity, helping almost 600,000 people a year to resolve their debt problems. They are the UK’s largest provider of free independent advice and solutions.
- Mind offers free and confidential mental health information and advice. Mental health problems effect one in four people every year.